Colorado Nonprofit ResourcesNovember 2nd, 2011 | Posted by in Nonprofit
The following is certainly far from an exhaustive list. Instead it represents a small sampling of nonprofit resources I either recently discovered, or have known about for a while but frequently return to. All pertain to Colorado nonprofits but can also largely apply to organizations throughout the US.
- Community Resource Center: “The Community Resource Center (CRC) creates opportunities, tools and strategies to develop nonprofits and community groups to strengthen Colorado. We are a mission driven nonprofit that offers a continuum of services throughout the state of Colorado.”
- TechSoup: I have seen TechSoup benefit nonprofits many times over the years and only wish I had heard about the site sooner. “TechSoup is a nonprofit with a clear focus: providing other nonprofits and libraries with technology that empowers them to fulfill their missions and serve their communities. As part of that goal, we provide technology products and information geared specifically to the unique challenges faced by nonprofits and libraries.”
- Colorado Nonprofit Association: An absolutely excellent website with many resources for growing nonprofits. In addition, it has one of the most active and well-trafficked nonprofit job boards in Colorado. “Colorado Nonprofit Association works with and for all of Colorado’s nonprofits to create impact in our communities. We do so by providing cost-saving member benefits, up-to-date resources and practical information to help nonprofits. The Association provides an important voice on behalf of the sector at the Colorado State Capitol as well as nationwide. We rely on the support of our members, foundations and the community at-large to provide these services.”
- Idealist.org: A very popular website internationally. As of this writing the job listing activity is a bit sparse for Colorado, but growing. All other areas of the site are excellent and well worth visiting. “Idealist connects people, organizations, and resources to help build a world where all people can live free and dignified lives.”
- Colorado Nonprofit Development Center: “Our mission is to foster the development of a healthy and vibrant nonprofit sector in Colorado by enhancing the effective and efficient use of community resources and by supporting the development of charitable projects and nonprofits.”
- SCORE Colorado Nonprofit Resource Guide: An excellent online resource from the Denver SCORE chapter.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.